CSG supports clients by creating custom applications and designing databases, testing systems prior to deployment, and providing
geospatial/GIS services. We combine a flexible project management model with the ability to develop and support a wide range of applications,
and a deep understanding of trends, technology, and processes required to deliver maximum return on investment. Our Software & Application
Software Development & Maintenance
CSG developers have significant experience creating custom applications, designing databases, and providing application support. We combine a flexible project management model with the ability to develop and support a wide range of applications, and a deep understanding of trends, technology, and processes required to deliver maximum return on investment.
From supporting and enhancing the USDA’s eGrants Access Manager, to developing the Emergency Qualifications System (EQS), CSG has consistently proven our expertise in design, development, enhancement, testing, deployment, service desk and project management.
Additional expertise in Software Development & Maintenance includes:
- Rapid Application Development techniques to ensure client functionality
- Object oriented design and programming with database systems
- Utilizing data mining techniques to obtain data set information
- Programming with SQL for object based, transactional, and relational databases
- Developing code to connect to databases
Testing and Quality Assurance Services
CSG conducts stress testing within web farm environments, coordinates application performance reviews and test plans that identify test approach/scenarios and resources to complete testing. Test plans include: stress testing applications independently and collectively at projected peak volumes with other high usage applications in the web farm environment.
A stress test analysis report identifying tests performed and performance results, including recommendations for remediation, is prepared for each application. We provide coordination assistance with application development staff, database administrators and hosting to ensure performance tuning has been completed prior to new applications being deployed into the production environment. Applications must be stress tested again when significant modifications are made or tuning is advised to verify performance has not been impacted by the modification(s). Test results are documented by test cycle.
Our expertise includes:
- Stress Testing
- Configuration Management
- Software Installation/Configuration
- Stress Lab Procedure Documentation
- Test Plan Documentation
- Test Execution/Analysis
- Test Results Documentation
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are used for capturing, storing, analyzing, managing and presenting data that is spatially referenced. Our GIS staff utilizes tools that allow us to create interactive queries, analyze spatial information, edit data, generate maps, and present the results of all these operations.
Our GIS expertise includes:
- Creating and maintaining spatial databases
- Preparing data and aerial imagery for distribution of survey data over the web
- Maintaining GIS web portal hardware and software
- Processing and analyzing various forms of digital imagery to assess their us in the display, detection and mapping of impacts
- Utilizing visualization techniques including photo-simulations and interactive 3-D
Our staff is proficient in:
- ArcGIS Server
- Leica Geosystems ERDAS Imagine
- Arc Macro Language